Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > How to install Google chrome app?
How to install Google chrome app?

4580 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2019-10-13 15:21:29

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    paul5577
    2015-09-28 13:45:17
    My shop has Mitchell ProDemand but when I try to login it says I have to install Google chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Is it possible to install either of these on the Maxisys Elite?

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-10-10 04:05:09 (Reply to:paul5577)

To install Google Chrome or Filefox Browser app in Maxisys, you can download these Apps to your PC first and then transfer it to your tablet, then intall it.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-06 16:49:53 (Reply to:Support02)

I want Google Chrome on my Maxi Sys Elite. Ok I downloaded Google Chrome to my PC and copied and pasted Chrome onto a USB Thumb drive. I inserted into USB drive into my Maxi Sys Elite. In ES Explorer I can highlight and copy Google Chrome file , but what should I paste it too? I initially pasted it to download , but when I exited ES Explorer, went to homepage and clicked on Downloads App, no items were there toextract, I don't want to mess up my tablet, so I went back into ES Explorer ,then into download and deleted the pasted Chrome file.
      Does anyone know exactly where I should copy and paste Chrome file to in ES Explorer,  and how to properly extract and install Google Chrome App on a MaxiSys Elite. I'm not sure If you still need Chrome or FireFox  Browser on a Maxi Sys Elite in order use Mitchell Pro Demand?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-09 03:49:51 (Reply to:witsend)

My Nephew was able to install Google Chrome onto My Maxi Sys Elite, doing  remotely and all through his PC after I opened Quick Support App , provided him the ID by phone and allowed remote control. I had work to do and an hour later checked and Google Chrome App was on the Android Home page and Works fine.
      I asked how to do it. He Said " On your desktop, just search google for the app you want and find the link to it's google play store page, then copy and paste the play store app page URL into this website and click generate download link."

https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

"Download the .apk file and put it in your downloads folder on your tablet."
    "You should be able to tap the .apk file in ES Explorer,then tap install."

"You do it all on the PC, then use Team Viewer to transfer the .apk to the tablet. No usb stick required."

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-13 15:21:29 (Reply to:witsend)

Before starting anything with adding apk to Tablet, you need to go into Settings , click Security, and look at  Unknown sources (allow installation of apps from unknown sources) and make sure it has check mark. I used Team viewer on PC and Quick Support app on Maxisys Elite to send apk file from PC to download in ES Explorer. Don't bother installing the Android Google Play Store APK.  The app installs but won't stay open, so I didn't want to mess up anything on tablet, so I promptly uninstalled it and deleted it from ES Explorer Download.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqpNPqIXbsQ
  Total1 Pages